CAD/CAM Technician – Technical Buyer
This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing customer-supplied CAD/CAM data, material and manufacturing specifications, and customer specific requirements for their printed circuit board (PCB) designs and entering the necessary information into MCL’s ERP to ensure that our company is purchasing product from the best-fit vendor.
Millennium Circuits Limited (MCL) is a national printed circuit board supplier based in Harrisburg and is seeking an experienced Product Cost Estimator. We supply circuit boards for medical, aerospace, energy, industrial/commercial, automotive, test and measurement, and many other industries!
The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal has rated Millennium Circuits Limited as one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central PA for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022! MCL is passionate about our customers and our team with a focus on high quality, world-class service, and providing our team with an environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
Our atmosphere is one centered on team culture, fun, and hard work. Our work is dynamic and fast-paced, so we are able to meet the expectations of our customers, helping them to increase their speed to market. We take pride in Redefining Customer Service in our industry. Come join a team that is dedicated to advancing innovation to positively impact society!
This is a full-time position that focuses on reviewing customer PCB files based on specifications needed for the project. The printed circuit board sector is part of the electronics industry which is the largest industry in the world! Working in this dynamic industry is challenging as we are constantly pushing the envelope on technology, designs, and materials, but it is also rewarding and very interesting. All our PCBs are custom manufactured, so each design and specs are unique to our customers and their products. We supply PCBs for medical, aerospace, energy, industrial/commercial, automotive, test and measurement, and many other industries! If you like electronics – this is a great opportunity for you!
In order to be successful in this position, a person must have excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve/critical thinking. A good, working knowledge of CAD/CAM software is helpful, but not necessary, as we will train the right individual.
This position at the time of hire will pay between $41,000 to $43,500. After successfully completing a 180-day training period, the individual will receive a compensation increase up to $47,000 annually.
Description of Duties:
- Reviews and analyzes PCB designs, files, fab notes, and specifications to verify manufacturability.
- Identifies any issues with design for manufacturability.
- Checks files to see if MCL quoted and manufactured any previous revisions of the board.
- Determines shipping times and dock dates based on manufacturing and customer locations.
- Determines that MCL priced the job at the appropriate margin.
- Updates any incorrect pricing at the time of order.
- Imports customer files into CAM software for review and analysis.
- Calculates board size, array, materials, and other specifications and enters into ERP system.
MCL will provide in-depth technical training on printed circuit board manufacturing, materials, specifications, standards, and conformance requirements.
- Education and experience: High School Diploma/GED and at least a year of CAD experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience using CAD/CAM software
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Sit, use hands, and talk and hear regularly.
- Reach with hands/arms frequently.
- Stand, walk, and lift and carry 15 pounds occasionally.
The essential functions of the positions must be able to be executed with or without reasonable accommodation. MCL will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities where appropriate throughout the application and employment process. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation related to any job function will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Full-time, exempt position located in Harrisburg, PA.
- Competitive pay
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance at hire – no waiting period
- Paid time off
- Floating Holiday
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid short-term disability coverage.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Parental, disability, and school visitation leaves.
- Supplemental insurance (additional Life and accident through AFLAC)
- Inclusive team environment – regular (paid) team activities and team building events.
- Casual dress
- Work from home 1 day per week
How to Apply:
Please apply through our website at: https://www.mclpcb.com/about-us/careers/application-page/
Millennium Circuits Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.