Director of Procurement and Supply Chain
This position is responsible for all activities involved in the acquisition, production, and distribution of goods and directly oversees quoting, purchasing, logistics, and shipping teams with a heavy focus on building and maintaining strategic relationships with vendors.
Millennium Circuits Limited (MCL) is a national printed circuit board supplier based in Harrisburg and is seeking an experienced director in procurement and supply chain. We supply circuit boards for medical, aerospace, energy, industrial/commercial, automotive, test and measurement and many other industries!
The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal has rated Millennium Circuits Limited as one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central PA for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022! MCL is passionate about our customers and our team with a focus on high quality, world-class service, and providing our team an environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
Our atmosphere is one centered on team culture, fun, and hard work. Our work is dynamic and fast-paced, so we are able to meet the expectations of our customers, helping them to increase their speed to market. We take pride in Redefining Customer Service in our industry.
The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain position is responsible for ensuring that MCL is able to quote jobs accurately and competitively by maintaining strategic vendor relationships as well as ensure that the best-fit vendor is targeted for each order. As part of procurement, this individual will identify needs for new vendors and vet and onboard them. This position will also oversee team members who will ensure that vendors are manufacturing and shipping goods timely to customers with a focus on quality and adherence to technical specifications as is required in custom manufacturing.
The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain will be strategic in their efforts to optimize quality, on-time delivery, quote response time, pricing, and faster lead times through analysis of supplier technical and manufacturing capabilities and by identifying and improving procurement and supply chain processes to improve efficiency, cost and performance. This position is also an active member of the MCL Leadership Team.
Description of Duties:
- Represents company in negotiating price matrices, payment terms, contracts, and other items when onboarding new vendors, suppliers, or freight forwarders.
- Defines and analyzes team member and all supplier activities to assess performance in achieving benchmark metrics for comparison, and evaluation of supply chain factors.
- Coordinates with other leaders and departments to resolve production, quality, and customer issues and concerns with vendors and suppliers.
- Establishes standards and evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that vendors are meeting customer, industry, and quality specifications and standards as well as response and deliveries time frames in conjunction with the Director of Quality.
- Anticipates needs for new vendors and qualifies new vendors in collaboration with other departments
- Communicates with vendors to resolve problems and grievances that may arise regarding quoting, delivery, quality, price, and condition of sale.
- Meets with all suppliers and vendors to review and discuss performance metrics, to provide feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Participates as a member on the MCL Leadership Team and actively works on organizational strategic initiatives.
- Makes decisions with a balance of gross profits, margins, markup, and customer needs in mind.
In order to be successful in this position, a person must have complex problem solving, systems analysis and evaluation, production and processing, and leadership skills. This individual must be an assertive negotiator, possess a strategic mindset, and have strong financial and business acumen.
The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain would receive in-depth technical training on printed circuit board manufacturing, materials, specifications, standards, and conformance requirements.
- Minimum education and experience: a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field and at least 7 years of procurement and/or supply chain experience with 3 or more years of leadership experience.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with vendors
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in custom manufacturing preferred, but not required.
- Experience in an ISO certified environment preferred, but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Sit, use hands, and talk and hear regularly.
- Reach with hands/arms frequently.
- Stand, walk, and lift and carry 15 pounds occasionally.
- Travel is minimal – less than 5% of the time.
The essential functions of the positions must be able to be executed with or without a reasonable accommodation. MCL will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities where appropriate throughout the application and employment process. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation related to any job function will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Full-time, exempt position located in Harrisburg, PA.
- Competitive pay
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance at hire – no waiting period
- Paid time off
- Floating Holiday
- Paid holidays
- Company paid short-term disability coverage.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Parental, disability, and school visitation leaves.
- Supplemental insurance (additional Life and accident through AFLAC)
- Inclusive team environment – regular (paid) team activities and team building events.
- Casual dress
- Work from home 1 day per week
How to Apply:
Please send a resume to email@example.com
Millennium Circuits Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.