Logistics Coordinator/Purchasing Expeditor
This position ensures on-time delivery to customers through the analysis and tracking of orders and by closely communicating with manufacturing partners on the status of orders. This position works to eliminate difficulties and delays with open orders.
Who are we?
MCL operates in the electronics industry as a bare printed circuit board supplier, delivering PCBs to the medical, aerospace, marine, automotive, test and measurement industries and for industrial and commercial applications.
The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal has rated Millennium Circuits Limited as one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central PA for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022!
Our strategic pillars of people, process, and technology define how we operate as an organization. In the world of fast-moving customer manufacturing, we embrace change and are constantly looking for a better way to do things. Our industry and customers are all about technology and new cutting-edge products. Our people pillar encompasses our strategic partners in manufacturing, logistics, and our customers. It also includes what makes our culture truly unique – our team members.
MCL wholeheartedly believes that culture is the foundation of a successful, fast-growing company so we have intentionally and continually shaped our ALL-IN culture. Our ALL-IN culture is exemplified in our interaction and communication with customers and partners. Team members hold themselves and each other accountable for living out our core values.
Our atmosphere is one centered on team culture, fun, and hard work. Our work is dynamic and fast-paced, so we are able to meet the expectations of our customers. We take pride in Redefining Customer Service in our industry.
Are you ready to join our dynamic team?
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate is one who is detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and organized as this person will be responsible for dealing with multiple vendors and hundreds of orders with a single goal of getting it to the customer on time.
This person has excellent time management and high language abilities and critical thinking skills as we deal with a lot of part numbers and emails daily. This person is well-versed in Excel.
This position is responsible for analyzing and tracking order statuses, and ensuring on-time deliveries to customers, by working with our overseas and production teams.
Minimum Desired Education and Experience: High school diploma/GED and at least 1-2 years of related experience.
General Knowledge & Qualities:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-motivated and personal accountability
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team environment
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Established time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Description of Duties:
- Ensures open order status report (WIP) is maintained by entering new orders are entered and updating various order characteristics throughout the day.
- Analyzes the WIP daily for any discrepancies with ship dates, methods, and customer preferences.
- Tracks vendor ship dates to ensure timely delivery of orders to customers and determines appropriate actions to take with vendors if orders will be late.
- Determines if any previously confirmed ship dates need to be adjusted due to various types of delays.
- Confirms with factories on all orders that haven’t been assigned a shipment date in order to obtain one, as needed.
- Works with vendors on expediting orders and pushing out/pulling in customers’ orders daily.
- Provides team members and/or customers directly with order status or tracking information including orders that will be late.
- Prepares packing slips and sends invoices for domestic, overseas, and assembly order drop ships and sends them to the appropriate party.
- Reviews test reports (drop ships) for accuracy and sends them to customers. Tracks and analyzes drop ships that were sent daily and updates the WIP accordingly.
- Creates shipping folders and saves appropriate shipment documentation in both shipping folders and customer folders.
- Runs On-Time Delivery reports.
- Provides credit details from vendors and instances of incorrect tariff charges to the Bookkeeper for processing.
- Reviews vendor pro forma invoices for accuracy as well as paperless billing, shipping method, and transportation costs billing.
- Helps with new and repeat order placement as required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Harrisburg, PA. This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement after training.
MCL offers on-the-job training and an introduction to the electronics industry through MCL Boot Camp.
Benefits of Becoming an MCL Team Member
- Competitive compensation
- Potential for discretionary bonuses
- Regularly occurring team activities
- Strong company culture
- Team atmosphere
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid Bereavement
- Business casual dress code
- School Visitation Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Inclusive team environment
- On-the-job training – MCL Bootcamp
- Hybrid Office Environment after training
- ALL-IN culture
Starting at $20.00 per hour
Millennium Circuits Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please apply through our website at: Applicaion Page | Millennium Circuits Limited (mclpcb.com)