The Logistics Lead is a critical position that drives the improvement, oversight and management of the shipping process. The KPI’s of Customer & Vendor On Time will be the governing measurements for this role. The Logistics Lead interacts with Customer Concierges, Vendors, Customers for the purpose of overseeing shipments and deliveries by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Record confirmed ship dates from overseas vendors.
- Evaluate delivery dates from vendors to ensure allotted lead time is being followed.
- Adjust delivery dates to customers based on the completion of the engineering process.
- Update customer sales acknowledgements with new delivery date based on engineering process or communicated vendor delays.
- Move orders to “won” in custom ERP system.
- Update orders to drop ship if needed.
- Remove expedite fee if applicable.
- Request credits from vendors if needed.
- Properly update internal WIP with new delivery dates if orders are late.
- Check WIP to review what should be shipping each day and reach out to vendor to confirm.
- Send packing slips to vendor the day of shipping, ensure tracking is received, create shipment folder, ensure test reports are received and correct.
- Filtering the WIP daily for the following:
- Filter vendor confirmed ship date from oldest to newest – ensure if a date is past and no vendor ship date we reach out to the vendor to find out where shipment is.
- Filter for Blank Vendor Confirmed ship dates – If engineering approval date is filled in – reach out to the vendor to get confirmed ship date if they have not provided.
- Filter to ensure shipping team has shipped out all holds from MCL on time and reach out to shipping team if this was not done.
- Communication with Vendors for customer related needs – Expedites, holds, scrap fees
- Reach out to vendors for issues such as packaging issues, short shipments etc.
- Handle UPS issues – orders caught in customs, lost packages.
- Be up to date on tariff’s – help in handling if changes occur – with vendor and UPS
- Helps to train new team members, as needed.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities as in a disciplinary relationship, however this role will be dispatching tasks to personnel in the department and or other departments as necessary to support the Flex-resource model.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have basic language skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other team members.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret graphs.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have intermediate reasoning ability.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, email software, contact management systems and customer relationship management software.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The minimum level of education and/or experience required to satisfactorily perform this position is a High school diploma/GED and at least one year of related experience.
An individual in this position uses standard office equipment such as a multi-line telephone, computer, printer, calculator, and copy and fax machine.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Customer relations
- Active listening
- Inductive reasoning
- Deductive reasoning
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Service orientation
- Interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands, and talk and hear regularly. Individuals may be required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms occasionally. This position may require an individual to lift or move 30 pounds occasionally. These physical and sensory functions required to complete the essential functions of the positions must be able to be executed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to any unfavorable or hazardous environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Harrisburg, PA. This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement after training.
MCL offers on-the-job training and an introduction to the electronics industry through MCL Boot Camp.
Benefits of Becoming an MCL Team Member
- Competitive compensation
- Potential for discretionary bonuses
- Regularly occurring team activities
- Strong company culture
- Team atmosphere
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid Bereavement
- Business casual dress code
- School Visitation Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Inclusive team environment
- On the job training – MCL Bootcamp
- Hybrid Office Environment after training
- ALL-IN culture
Millennium Circuits Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrisburg, PA 17111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Purchasing/Expediting/Supply Chain: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Harrisburg, PA 17111
Millennium Circuits Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.