Responsible for the setup of quotes to aid in the determination of prices and the preparation of quotes for customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Gathers and calculates file specifications such as board size, array, materials, and other items so the request can be quoted accurately and applies technical knowledge to determine if there are any discrepancies in customer files and software.
- Receives requests for quote and accurately prepares quote structure (specifications, lead times, and quantities, etc.) for pricing based on information from the customer.
- Maintains customer files in the appropriate job folder and saves per company procedures.
- Verifies customer part number and order specifications to determine if the order is a repeat or new order.
- Updates customer preferences in ERP and references information for quotes.
- Applies technical knowledge to compare existing product files to new files in design for manufacturing software.
- Calculates array for products, if required.
- Submits vendor requests for quote and updates customer request for quote in ERP.
- Requests pricing from vendors as needed under pre-determined circumstances and determines which vendor pricing to apply to each RFQ.
- Communicates with CAM team to correct technical specification on the quote.
- Ensures that quotes are setup, priced, and sent to the sales team in a timely manner.
- Reviews all technical specification to make sure they are set up correctly before pricing them.
- Negotiates with vendors when needed to procure pricing needed to maintain margins; inquires on vendor pricing that does not coincide with the technical specifications provided to them.
- Performs other related job duties as required.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have very high language skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Gerber files, technical communication, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to respond to common issues, questions, or complaints from customers, vendors, and industry individuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and assist with procedure manuals and trainings.
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers or team members.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have high mathematical skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamental of plane and solid geometry.
- Ability to apply algebraic concepts.
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, percentages, ratios, proportions, area, circumference, and other dimensional units.
- Ability to calculate unit conversions.
In order to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this position, an individual must have very high reasoning ability.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply principles of logic and critical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and technical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, accounting software, internet software, email software, design for manufacturing software, and order processing systems.
Education & Experience Requirements
The minimum level of education and/or experience required to satisfactorily perform this position is an Associate’s Degree and/or 3-5 years industry experience.
- Circuit board manufacturing
- Viewing Gerber files
An individual in this position uses standard office equipment such as a multi-line telephone, computer, printer, calculator, and copy and fax machine.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Time management
- Production and processing
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Technical communication
- Reading comprehension
- Judgment and decision making
- Inductive Reasoning
- Engineering and Technology
- Production and Processing
- Selective attention
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk and hear. Individuals may be required to reach with hand or arms frequently. This position may require an individual to lift or move 30 pounds occasionally as well as stand and walk occasionally. These physical and sensory functions required to complete the essential functions of the positions must be able to be executed with or without a reasonable accommodation. The ability to see color is required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to any unfavorable or hazardous environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note that this job description is not designed to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
This job description doesn’t constitute a contract of employment and that employment at-will rights may be exercised at any time.
Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Do you have a deep understanding of GERBER files? Please explain your experience with Gerber files?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Harrisburg, PA 17111